ABOUT JOY VENTURES
Joy Ventures is pioneering a nascent consumer product category in the field of wellbeing. We build, fund and support companies developing science-backed consumer products that help people experience everyday moments of joy and improve their wellbeing. We envision a world where science and technology help millions of people live more joyfully.
Entrepreneur in Residence (EIR)
As part our venture creation platform, we are looking to back and support experienced and exceptional entrepreneurs to build a leading company based on Joy’s consumer product ideas or your own brilliant ideas.
We will provide you with the essential resources, including financing, domain expertise, and a work environment that will allow you to independently assess and validate a market need, identify key founding team members, develop an initial prototype, and launch a new venture upon investment by Joy.
What You’ll Do
- Lead all aspects of venture building including market research, ideation, user validation, prototyping, founding team building
- Develop a unique value proposition while optimizing viability, desirability and feasibility
- Independently build a new venture in the field of wellbeing
What You’ll Get
- Deep immersion into the world of wellbeing – Joy team will share our expertise and collected knowledge of the wellbeing scientific, technological and commercial landscape to support your work
- Salary, and development budget (as needed) during the EIR period, leading to a potential investment
- All-encompassing operational support and resources throughout the process to allow you to do your best work (initial funding, office space, access to our network of tech and industry experts and more)
- An opportunity to collaborate closely with Joy’s team towards future investment
Who You Are
A seasoned and passionate entrepreneur interested in making an impact on wellbeing of people all over the world with:
- Outstanding product development skills and methodology
- Experience building consumer products
- Several years experience as a leader with substantial responsibility within a startup or in a fast-moving, innovative environment
- Experience in fundraising and familiarity working with investors/VCs – a plus
- Experience with business modeling, planning, and financial and operational metrics
- Impressive background, character, strategic vision, and presentation skills that will earn the excitement of investors and prospective team members to want to follow you to build an incredible company
- Ability to develop a diverse and talented team