Awarding Joy: Meet our 2019 Academic Grantees
We are excited and proud to present Joy’s 2019 Academic Grant cycle! Get to know the 13 academic research projects at the cutting edge of wellbeing innovation.
In 2017 we embarked on a bold experiment – to expand the traditional startup investment model to include collaboration with academia, allowing us to support groundbreaking science-based interventions and novel technologies at the earliest stages.
Since then, we’ve reached some incredible milestones through our grant program:
- 36 academic projects funded
- 52 leading researchers supported
- 15+ collaborations between disciplines (neuroscience, data science, neurobiology, industrial design, bio-medical engineering, to name a few)
- 32 international conference presentations by our grantees
- 18 published articles in top tier scientific journals and counting
While this year we weren’t able to go forward with our much anticipated annual award ceremony, we couldn’t let you miss hearing about the groundbreaking researchers in our 2019 cycle. Meet our grantees in the video below.
Interested in innovating wellbeing with Joy? Learn more about our academic programs here.